Last Sunday’s cheesecake was really good but extra extra chocolatey, and I was getting a bit tired of so much sweet (and calories!) after one week eating it. So this Sunday I decided to try something salty and searching for ideas I bumped onto this feta cheese and cherry tomato tart on Cafe Fernando.
Pate Brisee (Tart Dough)
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (around 200gr.)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 120gr. butter, cold, cut into small cubes
- 2 tablespoons ice-cold water
- also added 1 egg
Tomato and Feta Cheese Tart
- Pate Brisee, chilled in the refrigerator for at least an hour
- 200gr. cups feta cheese
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Few sprigs of fresh thyme oregano (I prefer oregano)
- salt and pepper to taste
- also added some walnuts
Yummy!!!! It is very easy to make and it cannot go wrong! The most “difficult” part is the dough, but I think you can make it in an easier way than the one described in Cafe Fernando, just mixing everything in a mixer (maybe it turns out different this way, I have to try it before I can affirm that). Perfect for dinner or light lunch. I will definitely do it again. And try it hot!! It is much better just out of the oven than at room temperature.
It is a winner. I will give it a 5!