Easy sunday baking today, no cake or dessert this time, just some pasta with bolognese sauce and cheese. And mobile camera for taking the pictures. Yes, I know, I am getting lazy. Hope I can recover during Christmas taking pictures of other people (i.e. my mum) cooking.
Here is the recipe, in case you don’t know how to make bolognese sauce (in which case you should be really ashamed of yourself!!)
- 700gr. minced meet (beef, you can also use half porc half beef)
- 1 1/2 – 2 cans of tomatoe sauce (it tastes better if you use fresh tomatoes though)
- 1 onion cut in cubes
- salt, pepper, cinnamon sticks, parsley
- grated cheese (parmesano would be ideal, but you can improvise)
- 500gr. pasta, I used penne rigate, De Cecco (Edu’s favorite pasta brand)
Boil the pasta. I don’t like it too “al dente” while Edu loves it the italian way. It is up to you.
In a large saucepan heat the oil. Add the onion and stir around for 5 minutes. Add the minced meet and stir and cook until almost brown. Then add the salt, pepper, cinnamon and finally tomato sauce. Lower the temperature and let it boil for half an hour or until ready. You may need to add half glass of water, depending on the tomato sauce you use.
When the sauce is ready mix with pasta and put in an oven-proof recipient, add any mix of cheeses on top and put in the oven for around 20 minutes or until the cheese is done (=grilled).
Lunch is served! And dinner. And next day’s lunch. (we are only two people in my house so with this making 6 portions we get to eat three times :))