Yesterday I got home with an increasing desire to eat tiramisu. Couldn’t help it, once it gets stuck in your mind it is difficult to avoid thinking about it. So I run to the supermarket, got the three basic ingredients that I needed and in less than half an hour I had my home-made tiramisu ready!
The only thing is that I brought it to the office today and it seems it was a huge success since there is almost none left. 😦
Here is the recipe:
- 500gr cream cheese (the original recipe calls for Mascarpone, I use Philadelphia)
- 200gr heavy whipping cream (cooled at the fridge for at least half an hour)
- 110gr (1 cup) confectioners’ sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 300gr of ladyfingers (also known as Savoiardi biscuits) or other similar
- 1 cup of espresso coffee + 1 tablespoon of cognac/brandy/liqueur
- cocoa powder ( I used “colacao” this time although I prefer the pure cocoa powder)
Whip the cream and set aside. Beat together the cream cheese with the sugar and the egg yolk. Then mix slowly with the whipped cream.
Dip each biscuit in the coffee+cognac mix and make a layer with half of them. Distribute half of the cream cheese mixture on top. Repeat with a layer of biscuits and a layer of cream cheese mixture. Finish with cocoa powder dusted uniformelly at the top.